Updated COVID-19 Policy 8/9/21 Delta Variant
On July 27, 2021, CDC issued guidelines recommending all individuals – vaccinated and unvaccinated – to wear masks indoors in public settings in areas of substantial or high transmission rates. See https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-ncov/vaccines/fully-vaccinated.html
The surge in cases and transmission rates from the Delta variant have made it north to Pennsylvania. As of 8/9/21, Berks County now has a “substantial” transmission rate. Therefore, this new CDC guideline now applies in Berks County.
1. Educate yourself and our residents (and colleagues, friends, and family members). Encourage everyone you come in contact with to get vaccinated!
2. Visitors to EDI will be required to wear a mask indoors at EDI – vaccinated and unvaccinated.
- This includes persons coming inside to EDI to visit/meet with a resident
- This includes persons coming inside to EDI for an AA or NA meeting
- Or any other purpose (e.g., vendors doing work)
Recovery Meetings and Events to Resume in August 2021
Easy Does It, Inc. (EDI) is happy to announce the resumption of recovery meetings and public events at our beautiful and serene recovery campus at 1300 Hilltop Road. Beginning with the spiritual breakfast on Saturday August 7, 2021, EDI is resuming recovery-oriented events and activities including various 12-step meetings throughout the week, family support groups on the first two Tuesdays of each month, and of course our signature recovery event Soberstock on September 25th. For a calendar of recovery events, please see https://easydoesitinc.org/events/
“The past 17 months have been incredibly difficult for everyone, especially for persons in recovery from substance use disorders,” stated Executive Director Scott Althouse. Citing a low positivity rate and relatively few covid-19 cases in Berks County, Althouse stated: “We now feel it is not only safe to reopen to guests and visitors, but it is the responsible and right thing to do for EDI and the Berks County recovery community.”
“EDI staff and residents are vaccinated. As a condition to reopening our facility, EDI is asking all visitors to adhere to public health guidance issued by the CDC and the PA Dept. of Health,” stated Althouse. A pertinent summary of that public health guidance includes:
- All individuals 12 or older are strongly encouraged to get vaccinated!
- If you are not vaccinated, wear a mask in public settings – this includes indoors at EDI.
- If you have ANY undiagnosed respiratory illness or are exhibiting symptoms, avoid public settings – including EDI – and get tested for covid-19.
* * * * *
Proudly serving and building a supportive recovery community for over 30 years, Easy Does It, Inc. (EDI) is a nonprofit organization dedicated to improving the quality of life of individuals recovering from the effects of substance use disorders. EDI’s recovery housing programs are strongly supported by the Council on Chemical Abuse, the U.S. Department of Housing and Urban Development, Community Care, and many other local organizations and individuals in the Berks County recovery community. We thank you for your support!